arrow
Thomas Noyes
(Abt 1563-1627)
Dorothy Blake
(-1633)
Peter of Sudbury Noyes
(1590-1657)
Elizabeth
(1594-)
Peter Noyes
(1633-1690/1698)

 

Family Links

Spouses/Children:
Elizabeth Darville

Peter Noyes

  • Christened: 18 Jan 1633, Weyhill, Andover, Hants, England
  • Marriage: Elizabeth Darville
  • Died: betw 1690 and 1698, Wayland, Middlesex, Massachusetts
picture

bullet  General Notes:

Freeman 1672, rep. 1679, 90, and 1. NEHGR: Made freeman 7 May 1673.

March 23, 1666 March 23, 1667 Peter Noyce buys land of Zachary Phillips. (SD 5:359). E. corner Hanover corner Charter St.

September 29, 1677 Peter Noyce of Sudbury (yeoman) buys land of Jonathan Adams. (SD 10:314). E. side Charter St. near Hanover St.

June 25, 1679 Peter Noyce land S.E. + by E. of Henry Turberfield. (SD 11:190). Charter St.

May 29, 1688 Peter Noyes (Yeoman) and Mary Mountjoy buy of the exectors of the estate of Sarah Boulds house and land. (SD 25:2-3). N. side Portland Street.

May 29, 1688 Peter Noyes (yeoman) and Mary Mountjoy, his daughter buy of the exectors of the estate of Sarah Boulds, widow of John Boulds, house and land occupied by Benjamin Harwood. (SD 25:2- 3). N. side of Portland Street.

November 20, 1689 Peter Noyes, Sr. (Gentleman) Sr.: Agreement to George Mountjoy (mariner) and wife Mary. For as much as the above named parties on the date hereof lawfully owned a house and land bound S.E. upon the long back street leading over the Mill Bridge toward Winnisimet Ferry Place, N.E. house and land now occupied by Anthony Checkley, N.W. Samuel SnedSendall, S.W. house and land of Sarah Harris, widow, which was purchased by sd Peter Noyes, Sr., and the sd Mary, wife of the sd George Mountjoy of William Symes of Wooburn and John Bowles of Roxbury, bearing date May 29, 1688, sd parties being now minded to divide the same. That there shall be left a highway 20 ft. Wide from the sd street to range down 45 ft. In lenght through and into the premises of the S.W. side next to the widow Harris for the Common Use and Benefit of the sd parties. Sd Peter Noyes shall have the N.E. part of house now occupied by Harwood (mariner) with all the land whereon the house doth stand and extending the breadth thereof from sd Checkley's fence to the street, and also an equal part of the land lying before the same extending the whole length thereof, George Mountjoy to have the part of the house now occupied by him and his wife Mary, with the land belonging to the same. (SD 27:92). Hanover + Portland Sts.

February 18, 1690 February 18, 1691 Peter Noyse, tenant of John Bolds N.E. of Sarah Harris. (SD 15:91). Hanover St. E. corner Portland St.

October 9, 1707 Peter Noyes (Yeoman), Dorothy and Samuel Parris deed land. (SD 23:163).

Christening - 18 JAN 1630/31; Weyhill, Hampshire, England;
Emigration - 1638; London, England;
Came with father on the 'Confidence'.
Paul Noyes. He immigrated in 1638.

---------------
The Noyes-Parris House


Noyes-Parris House

The oldest extant house in Wayland is the Noyes-Parris House named for Peter Noyes who is likely to have built part of the dwelling c. 1690. Noyes' four daughters ultimately inherited the house when their brother, Peter Noyes, Jr. died in 1698. The four daughters divided their father's estate. One daughter, Dorothy, became the second wife of the Reverend Samuel Parris of the 1692 Salem witchcraft trials fame, Parris already having been removed from his ministry in Salem. From 1712 until his death in 1720, he lived in that house where he farmed and taught school.

Samuel Parris, son of the Reverend Samuel Parris' Sixty years later, Rev Parris's son Samual Parris, sold the property to Edward Johnson and this was the Johnson Farm for over 100 years and the location of the early organizational meetings of the Trinitarian Congregational Church of which Johnson was a deacon.

T'here is sufficient evidence that this modest center-chimneyhouse was two small dwellings that were put together in the early 18th century.

Welcome to the Wayland Historical Society.
We invite you to join us in learning about the rich history of Wayland, Massachusetts, USA.
We welcome your questions and comments.
info@waylandmuseum.org
508-358-7959
Visit our museum at the Grout Heard house on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 9:30 to noon.
12 Cochituate Road
Wayland, MA 01778

Wayland is immediately east of Sudbury.


picture

Peter married Elizabeth Darville, daughter of Robert Darville and Hester (Esther). (Elizabeth Darville was born in 1639 in England.)




Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List

This Web Site was Created 8 Oct 2017 with Legacy 8.0 from Millennia